It’s officially fall and you know what that means - it’s also officially PEEL SEASON! An esti’s favourite season.
Chemical peels are a skin-resurfacing procedure where a solution is applied to the skin to remove the top layer of dead skin cells and reveal fresh, new skin. Chemical peels are an excellent way to improve the appearance of your skin and can be used to treat a variety of concerns, including acne, hyperpigmentation, fine lines, and more.
There are three different levels of chemical peels: light, medium, and deep. Light peels are the most superficial and require little to no downtime. Medium peels penetrate deeper into the skin and usually result in some redness and peeling. Deep peels penetrate the deepest layers of the skin and typically require up to two weeks of recovery time.
The deeper the peel, the more actual peeling will take place on your face. Super satisfying!
Benefits of Chemical Peels
- Reducing wrinkles and fine lines: One of the most common reasons people opt for chemical peels is to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. The acids in chemical peels can help to break down bonds between skin cells, resulting in a smoother, more youthful appearance.
- Evening out skin tone: Chemical peels can also be used to even out skin tone and treat hyperpigmentation - this can be helpful for people who have sun damage, age spots or acne scarring.
- Improving overall skin texture: In addition to reducing wrinkles and evening out skin tone, chemical peels can also help improve overall skin texture. This is due to the fact that peeling away the top layer of dead skin cells reveals fresher, newer cells beneath.
- Treating acne: Certain types of chemical peels can also be used to treat acne by removing acne-causing bacteria from the surface of the skin.
- Reducing scarring: If you have scars from acne or other injuries, you may find that chemical peels can help reduce their appearance.
- Stimulating collagen production: Collagen is a protein that helps keep our skin firm and elastic. As we age, our bodies produce less collagen, which can lead to sagging skin and wrinkles. Some types of chemical peels can help stimulate collagen production, which can in turn help reduce the signs of aging.
- Providing antioxidant support: Antioxidants are important for keeping our skin healthy and reducing inflammation. Some types of chemical peels contain antioxidants that can help protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals.
- Increasing cell turnover: Another benefit of chemical peels is that they can help increase cell turnover by removing dead skin cells from the surface of the skin. This helps promote the growth of new, healthy cells and gives your complexion a fresh and radiant appearance!
- Unclogging pores: One final benefit of chemical peels is that they can help unclog pores! When dead skin cells build up on the surface of the skin, they clog pores and lead to blackheads, whiteheads, and other blemishes. A chemical peel keeps those pores clear and less noticeable.
A must for damaged skin, acne prone skin, aging skin, uneven skin tone, large pores and more skin issues, the chemical peels at Moonskyn can be customized for a personalized treatment, giving you noticeable and lasting results.